Helpful resources for veterans and the wider military community
I have pulled together a number of resources that are aimed at veterans and the wider military community that sit beyond the reach of the charity sector. All of them are free or are recommendations for books and they have all been developed with the Three Principles as their guide.
· Peace for Veterans is a free online course created by a wonderful lady and colleague, Judy Sedgeman
· The Missing Link for Veterans is a series of video recordings of five people reading Sydney Banks book, The Missing Link and discussing our thoughts about what we see in the text with veterans in mind. The five people involved are Dr Bill Pettit, Judy Sedgeman, Brad Gallup (a US veteran), Ofer Meyer (an Israeli veteran) and myself.
· Missing in Action is an ongoing project between myself, Paul McCarty, Neil ‘Silvie’ Silvester and a number of other veterans and first responders. This link is to the video resources we have created to date as part of the project, including the recoding of a free one day conference we held in November 2021.
· Missing in Action runs a call on the second Tuesday of each month at 20:00 BST/GMT. Again, this call is aimed at veterans, first responders and their families. The calls are either to hear a guest speaker (if so those calls are recorded and shared via the YouTube channel mentioned above), or they take the form of a conversation for those that want to take part. There is no pressure for anyone to turn their camera on or say anything, just listening is perfectly acceptable. If you’d like more information you can find it via our Facebook page or just email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Riflemen Assemble is a call just for members of the RIFLES family – serving currently or from any of the RIFLES antecedent regiments. The call takes place on the final Monday of each month at 19:00 BST/GMT. Like Missing in Action there is no pressure for anyone to take part in the conversation. If you’d like to know more the sessions are advertised by the RIFLES website, SWIFT or you can contact ne direct: email@example.com
· Missing in Action: Book of Hope Beyond Trauma is a not-for-profit work in progress. The vision is for a collection of 30-40 stories of hope. Each story will be in the words of those telling it and will highlight the journey they have been on from despair to peace of mind. We will be covering many different routes and each personal journey will end with links to organisations that can help. Paul McCarty and I will be weaving the collection of stories together to highlight the similarities in how people came to realise something new, despite the past or current circumstances. Our hope is that the book will help people find hope for themselves and their loved ones. If you would like to get involved please drop me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
· This link is to a sperate blog I have written which contains some of my favourite Three Principles books with links to where to find them.
If you have any questions about any of the above please feel free to get in touch. Take care.
The picture was kindly donated by Harald Joergens https://www.haraldjoergens.com/